Monday, October 20, 2014

Hard Work Pays Off

Holy moly, has it really been 4 months since I have blogged!?  It's not that I haven't had much to say, it's just that I haven't had any motivation to write. Last week I received a message from Wyatt's teacher that was super exciting.  Wyatt, as some of you may know, is our very spirited child.  He is stubborn (but Landon wins most stubborn) and he takes a bit more motivation to get going. When we homeschooled last year, I was concerned that he wouldn't be ready for school and that he may find it difficult to sit still and learn.  So we worked really hard and it paid off!!  Wyatt is Student of the Month for October in his class for responsibility and respect!  His teacher said he has been awesome and she loves having both the boys in the class.  That is music to this Mommy's ears. It really validated all the hard work that I have put in and the choices I made concerning their schooling.  Aurora has received the honor each year at her school and I guess I just expect it from her, I know I shouldn't, but I do.  So I feel a bit bad that I am making such a bigger deal out of Wyatt getting the honor this month.  I am just super excited that he is being honored for his hard work and yes, it feels like it is an award for me too. :)  Trevor is having a bit of a hard time with jealousy over it, but I am certain his time will come soon. I am super proud of my boys!  Wyatt will get his award on Friday, so stand by for pictures!  It has been a tough road and it is far from over!  I am choosing to celebrate the heck out of this victory this week and not focus on what is to come in the future. So indulge me my victory and help Wyatt celebrate!!

No comments:

Post a Comment