If the news thinks who won the World Series is breaking, or Obama talking at a campaign event, then this news can only be described as earth shattering. Paul Reubens announced that a new Pee Wee freaking Herman movie will start filming in February! How awesome is that!? Russ and I both grew up watching Pee Wee. He was the Big Adventure lover and I was more of the Big Top Pee Wee lover, but our mutual love for Pee Wee, in a way lead us to some wonderfully funny conversations and true love. Paul was in the movie Mystery Men, which was one of his first movies since his theater incident. It was a no brainer and quite the coincidence that when we met, that movie came out. I still don't remember much about that movie, I spent the whole time waiting to see if Russ would hold my hand. It was just like the movies, the casual hand movements, the nervous shifting in the seats. It took him a good long time, but he totally grabbed my hand that night and my heart and hasn't let go ever since. We also shared our first kiss in the theater parking lot that night. It was awkward, exciting and just plain wonderful. I still get butterflies thinking about that night.
Everyone has their love story, ours just happens to include Paul Reubens. It also includes, David Lee Roth, Bad Company, Chris Kattan, Russ' neighbor's trampoline, the song "High Enough"by the Damn Yankees, Joey McIntyre and Blair Witch. Anytime I see or hear of those things, my heart smiles and I start to giggle as I remember the love that was built during that Summer of '99.
I am patiently waiting to call Russ at work on his break, so I can break this news to him. This is news that can't wait until his lunch break or when he gets home!
No comments:
Post a Comment