Saturday, March 20, 2010

Almost 11 years of love. Where has the time gone?

On August 11 of this year it will be the eleventh anniversary of our first date. A lot has happened in 11 years. We got married, moved in to our house, oh and I almost forgot, we had 4 children. And yes we did it in that order. :)
Our first official date was at Division Street Theater, we saw "Mystery Men." I honestly couldn't tell you what the movie was about because I was so nervous. Our first kiss was in the parking lot (romantic, I know) as I was getting ready to leave. And I guess they say "the rest is history."
We dated for 5 years before we finally decided to tie the knot on December 11, 2004. Mainly because I was only 16 when we met and we didn't live in "The Little House on the Prairie" days where you married that young. So we had a nice long courtship.
We had planned on 2 kids, a boy and a girl. At least that was our plan. As you know the Lord had a different one for us. I actually found out I was pregnant with Aurora on our 1st wedding anniversary. That sent us into a whirlwind of babies. Aurora joined the family in August 13 (two days after our 7th anniversary of our first date). The boys joined 22 months later in June and Landon 13 months after that. All of this baby making led us to another important milestone: The MINIVAN. Oh goodness, I did not want a minivan. I avoided it at all costs. We squeezed three car seats in the back of our Subaru. Which we probably would still be doing to this day if Landon didn't arrive on the scene. And you know what? The minivan grew on me, and I regret not getting one sooner. I never thought I would say those words. I did get to keep my Subaru though, which means I get the best of both worlds.
All these years have been an adventure and I am lucky to have had shared them with my best friend. We still have many more adventures to look forward to, or dread. I am still not looking forward to life with 4 teenagers. But when I look forward I always think of the "Growing Pains" theme song. "As long as we got each other, we can take anything that comes our way. Baby, rain or shine. All the time. Sharing the laughter and love." It is so fitting to our life and we often sing it around here.
So here is to many many more years of laughter and love and all that other stuff in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment