Friday, March 19, 2010

Diapers and Diapers and Diapers and Pull-Ups, OH MY!

We technically have 4 kids in diapers. Our oldest is potty-trained, but needs a nighttime pull-up when she sleeps. But we have 3 boys in diapers full time. Trevor does show interest in being potty trained but I don't have the time to start. This is all different to me since Aurora was #2 trained when she was 13 months or so. Let me tell you, this is not fun. I am so thankful that my husband shares in diaper duty, otherwise I might go crazy. We fill two grocery bags of diapers, daily. I am sorry if I just gave an environmentalist a heart attack. But I am not going to deal with cloth diapers. I gave it a shot, but it is definitely not for me. I am sure Al Gore would single handedly blame us for global warming.
I have heard potty training boys takes longer and most won't want to start until 3. I have also heard that twins are even harder. Well that would mean we are more than a year away from even starting the potty training process, which means diapers and more diapers for us. Luckily I have found a diaper that I love. Aurora was in Pampers for quite awhile because they are darn good diapers, but darn expensive. I received a Costco Kirkland sample when Aurora was around 10 months old. I immediately fell in love. No leaks, unless it is time for the next size up. So we switched and saved a ton of money. When the boys were born we did Pampers for the first month and promptly switched to Kirkland. I have tried almost every brand of diaper. Luvs, Huggies Supreme, Huggies Regular, Target Brand, All Pamper products and Safeway brand diapers. Oh and my brief experience with cloth.
So I guess if I have to be knee deep in diapers, at least I am saving money and getting a great product in return. I was looking forward to not spending $120 a month on diapers, but I realize that it will just be redistributed to other things as the kids grow.
When our last child is out of diapers, I am going to throw a huge party and you are all invited. See you in 4 years or so. :)

2 comments:

  1. Good information for me! Go CostCo diapers! :) I love how you write. It's fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My landfill is aka "Mt Everest"

    Love Kirkland diapers

    If you have a hard time getting out - Diapers.com generic is the same thing (Source: a diapers.com employee) and you can get free delivery 24-36 hours after ordering.

    ReplyDelete