Sunday, March 21, 2010

Boys will be boys and girls will be girls; in our house at least.

Who hasn't heard the saying "boys will be boys" or "girls will be girls?" Well this absolutely rings true in our household.
I am by no means a girly girl. I don't wear makeup and would rather wear pants than a skirt or dress. I don't keep up with fashion and frankly could care less about anything fashion related. So when Aurora was born, I'm not sure what I was expecting, but boy was I surprised. This girl is a princess. As soon as she could talk she was telling me about everyone's shoes, dresses, skirts and shirts. She would actually cry if I dressed her in something that she thought "didn't match." She gets excited about clothes and loves to shop. She absolutely loves shoes and notices everyone's shoes. She wants her ears pierced and she wants to wear lipstick. Well I have said no to both. But that doesn't stop her from asking. She constantly talks about her future wedding and the long white dress she will wear. I am thinking we better start saving, because a shotgun wedding in Las Vegas doesn't look to be in her plans. She is obsessed with our wedding pictures and the pictures of us at prom. "Look at your dress mom. I want to wear a beautiful dress like that someday." She changes her outfit at least 3 times a day. She loves to play dress-up and pretend. She is the definition of a girl. She also talked early, which is another characteristic of a girl. Always talking and asking questions. Here is our Princess Aurora:



The boys on the other hand are boys. They love to watch Nascar, they love to wrestle, they love to throw and kick things. They are the very definition of the word boy. They don't like to talk, they are very quiet and observe their surroundings. They throw balls at the speed of light and knock things over. So having a girl first I was quite surprised by these boys. Aurora was content sitting and playing with toys, while these boys were crawling at 5 months and climbing on everything. We actually had to "cage" them when they are younger, and we still have them contained to one room of the house during the day. If I let my boys free, my house would be in complete shambles. They love to copy each other. If one throws his food on the ground so does the other, if one screams so does the other. Now Landon is joining in on all the excitement and I am scared to death of what all three of them could do together. Landon started crawling at 4 months because he is desperate to keep up with his brothers. The twins aren't even 2 yet, so I can only imagine what is to come.



We may have 3 boys and only 1 girl, but Aurora more than makes up for the overflowing testosterone in this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment