Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring Cleaning

Spring doesn't officially start until March 21, but the spring cleaning in our house has. I started with the boy's room. Going through all the boxes of baby clothes I still miraculously have after getting rid of quite a bit. Most of it is on its way to Good Will and the rest is being sold at a consignment sale next month. It is very liberating to get rid of baby stuff, but it is also extremely sad. I know I am done having kids. I don't want to be pregnant ever again. But getting rid of baby stuff brings up so many emotions. It has been difficult (putting it mildly) having 4 kids in less than 3 years. I love all my children and I thank God for them (because he is the only one I can blame) everyday. But having them so close together doesn't allow me to spend time with them individually. I can't even remember when the twins were babies. They still are babies, but they had to grow up fast because we added another baby only a mere 13 months after they were born. I haven't had the chance to stop and relish in their firsts. I barely remember when they started walking. Most of their firsts happened while I was sick and tired from being pregnant. I also was in complete shock for a couple of months. I also feel like I missed a huge chunk of Aurora's life. I was pregnant with twins when she was 15 months old. I wasn't able to chase her around and sit on the floor and play with her. Now I have 4 kids that want constant attention and I am only one person. Most of my days are spent keeping them fed and clothed. There isn't much time for much else.
I know the Lord gave me these children for a reason. I know he has a bigger plan for our family then I had. So I am going to continue to spring clean my house and remember Ferris Buellers's words: "Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." I know I just need to stop, slow down and take in every moment the Lord has given me with my children. Life is so short and I don't want to waste it in regrets.

Aurora


Wyatt and Trevor


Landon

No comments:

Post a Comment