Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Dam Just Broke One Day

As I am writing this, I am listening to 3 kids actually holding a conversation.  Literally about 2 months ago, I would have said it wouldn't have been possible.  The boys, being boys and twins, had two strikes against them when it came to their speech.  We were tossing around the idea of speech therapy, but we wanted to wait it out.  One day Wyatt woke up and decided he wanted to talk and that was that.  Trevor followed a few days later.  They went from one word sentences to 3-4 in about a week.  So I guess when people say they will talk when they want to, they aren't lying.  At least in our case.  Trevor still lags behind Wyatt, but he is making huge strides each day.   Wyatt has somehow developed a New York accent.  Not sure where he got that. :)  There is nothing better then hearing "I love you mama" from your little boys.  Today Wyatt told Trevor, "No, No Trevor Robert." I guess that either means I use their middle names too much, or they get in to trouble too much. :)

1 comment:

  1. I've been gone too long! Can't wait to get home and hear them talk!

    ReplyDelete