Friday, November 12, 2010

Be My Aurora!



Russ and I found this song when Aurora was a little baby. And I love, love, love it, for obvious reasons. :) A lot of people think that she was named after sleeping beauty, but she wasn't. I had no clue of sleeping beauty's name until after I picked that name. The real story is a lot less glamorous but special none the less. There used to be a soap opera called "Santa Barbara" on. I was probably only 10 and there was a character named Aurora. She had the most beautiful curly hair and wore all these pretty dresses. I loved her name so much and her character was my favorite. So that name just stuck in the back of my mind. The strange part is that our Aurora would have probably fallen in love with the Santa Barbara Aurora because of her pretty hair and dresses. I have been trying to find a clip of her on youtube, but no luck yet.
So now you know my dirty little secret. :) And I will continue to smile and keep my mouth shut when someone assumes she is named after sleeping beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment