Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Political Predictions

I am going to give a few of my predictions for tonights election.  Just for fun.  The local news is calling the Dudley/ Kitzhaber race too close to call.  My prediction:  Dudley in a landslide.  Yep.  I just have this feeling.  And since I voted for neither candidate, I have the right to complain when the winner sucks at the job. :)
I think Washington State is going to be close, but I have a feeling that Dino Rossi will pull it out. 
Rand Paul will take Kentucky and we will finally have someone in the senate that hates Washington D.C and all their bull crap.
So pretty much all Republicans (especially Tea Party candidates) will win their races.  You want to know why?  Because the Democrats disturbed the hive.  They pissed off the silent majority and they aren't so silent anymore.  53% of Oregon voters have already returned their ballot.  Now we probably won't touch the 85% turnout we had in 2008, but anything over 60% is a good turnout, in my opinion.
Will the republicans change anything?  Probably not.  I have high hopes for Rand Paul, but the others will just fall in to the same old, same old category.  They will pretty much block Obama from getting anything done. 
I am hoping that the Republicans can pull together and come up with a "can't lose" candidate for the Presidential election in 2012.  And no that does not mean Sarah Palin.
Some local measure predictions:  The casino will probably pass and we will have a casino in our backyard and will pretty much slap the Indians in the face, yet again. 
The medical marijuana measure will probably pass.  And I am predicting that California will make it legal.  Which might turn out to be a good thing.  If it works for them, I see it coming to Oregon in the next few years.
I do think Ron Wyden will keep his job.  Probably since he bought like every commercial on TV and I haven't heard a darn thing from Jim Huffman.
So there you have it.  My wonderful election predictions.  I guess we will see how well I did tonight.
Anyone else want to share their's? 

3 comments:

  1. Kitz will win by 3,000 votes. Wyden by a "wyde" margin. casino will fail. medical mary jane will pass. california will let its people smoke the same sweet grass that the prez smokes every night. (What you don't believe me?) the west will stay blue but the rest of the country will turn red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great predictions "anonymous." ;) Shall we wager something?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rand has won Kentucky and Indiana has turned red. Looks like we are on a roll.

    ReplyDelete