Monday, November 29, 2010

This and That

Landon had his check up today and is doing great.  He is still in the 80 percentile for height and right around the 50th for weight.  His murmur is still audible, but it is very light.  He enjoyed getting out of the house by himself, but he wasn't too happy to find out where I was taking him.  :)

I was excited today to receive a "friends and family" discount from Fred Meyer.  It is good until Thursday, so I am going to put a big dent in our Christmas shopping and save a ton of money too!  This year we have decided that Santa Claus brings only 3 presents per kid.  Just like baby Jesus. One gift will be useful, one will be educational and the other will be something fun.  We will also be adding the gift of charity when the kiddos are old enough and make them volunteer their time somewhere.  It is very important to us that our kids learn how to give and receive selflessly.  I know that they are way too young to grasp any concept of that, but we wanted to start the 3-gift tradition now, while they are still young and won't know any better.  So our Santa brings 3 gifts to help remind the little boys and girls about Jesus.  When you are a parent you get the right to change the story a bit. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment