Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Pumpkin, Pumpkins..

We love Pumpkins. Pumpkin Bread. Pumpkin muffins. Pumpkin Pie. Pumpkin Seeds. Pumpkin Pancakes. You name it I will probably be cooking it this week. We still had a few pumpkins that we didn't carve from Halloween. So we spent some time yesterday, cutting, boiling, pureeing and freezing pumpkin. My first task was roasting the seeds this morning. They turned out delicious and I have been snacking on them all day long. Hopefully there will be some left for Russ when he gets home. :) My next project is in progress right now. Pumpkin Bread. I found a healthy or I guess healthier recipe online and I just happened to have all the ingredients. So, Aurora and I whipped it up and threw it in to the oven. I guess we will see if it was a success here shortly. Next on the list: Pumpkin Pie. My first attempt at making one with real pumpkin (meaning not from the jar). Most pumpkin pies aren't made out of pumpkins anyways, it is usually a smaller winter squash of some sort. So we shall see. Russ and the kids are my guinea pigs, and if they give it a thumbs up, it will be coming to Thanksgiving dinner. I love to bake, but I hate the cleanup. Which reminds me, I have a sink full of dirty dishes. Off I go. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment